Time to Freshen Up Your Dry Skin Issues!
If you have dry skin, you know that it’s not just annoying but it can even be unsightly and incredibly painful. Especially in the winter time when everything from your hair, lips and skin seem to dry out the most. Your probably like me and have tried just about every dry skin product out there with out that much success. I know for a fact that most of the products I used in the past either made my skin even drier or just oily with out even solving the problem I had in the first place.
I have had dry skin problems my whole life, in fact from the time I was born I was having issues with extremely dry skin. My mother was told even by the doctor that I was not even able to bathe with regular soaps and things . I had to have a prescribed creamy lotion to cleanse my body with because anything else would just plain out agitate my body even more.
Some my earliest memories are of myself rubbing my back against the wall from it becoming inflamed at night as I slept. I would break out from time to time from different products trying to see which ones would be the best fit for me as the years went on. And from a young age, I realized that going natural was the best way to avoid all the issues that came with a lot name brand over the counter lotions and dry skin products, which claimed to moisturize my skin. But instead would just sit on top like a thick oily greasy mass.
Oh how I hated that!
So as the years have gone by, I come to realize that my skin likes simple things not to many ingredients and more of a creamy butter base. I learned the best way to keep my skin dry and looking its best was following a couple of steps.
Those Steps Include:
- Avoid long hot baths, steamy hot showers and baths which can really dry the skin out making the issue worst.
- Avoid using regular soaps all together instead use all natural, plant based soaps made of Shea butters and oils.To keep the skin smooth and silky. Oil based soaps will not strip the skin as much of its natural oils.
- When you get out of the shower while your body is still damp apply your favorite oil such as jojoba or sweet almond oil. Then follow by your favorite dry skin lotion.
- Drink plenty of water. This one is totally simple, but often overlooked. Your skin needs water to stay soft and smooth. While putting water on your skin will dry it out, putting it in your body is essential for keeping it hydrated. Plus, drinking enough water will make you feel better too!
I have also found some really cool at home dry skin products that I truly love, when I don’t have time to make my own or run out. My all time favorite best moisturizer cream would be deep steeps products. I currently have there Organic Body Butter ( there dry skin antidote) in lavender and chamomile scent. And I love this stuff I have been using it almost two years now and some of there products are some of the best I have ever tried. There products are made of organic and natural ingredient and they keep it simple!
They are not over powering with heavy fragrances and the ones they do have are just enough, and forget about oily that is is not even the case. It totally helps soothe my dry skin making it feel better to the touch.
Some of the ingredients listed in the body butters include :
Organic Aloe, lavender extract, chamomile extract, vegan glycerin, sunflower seed oil, coconut fatty acids, wildcraft essential oil, Shea butter, vitamin e, avocado butter, mango butters and cocoa seed butter just to name a few.
Remember that natural remedies are about fixing the cause as well as treating the problem. It’s best to protect your skin from damage rather than treat it afterward. Be sure to protect your skin from dry, cold winter conditions by using scarves, gloves, and avoid long exposures to severe cold when possible.
If nothing seems to be working for your dry skin, it may not caused by something you can tackle on your own. There may be an underlying condition or nutrition deficiency that is causing your problem. If these treatments don’t seem to help, try visiting your doctor or natural health practitioner.
P.S. Want to know more about Natural Skin Care than read my post here on My Top Tips For Natural Skin Care.
So what do you think, have you had dry skin issues in the past?
- Shadeism – Dealing with Shade Issues across the World. If you had not had the chance yet to...